LUNA v7.1 is a major release with new features like authorities, MARC record mapping, and a process for migrating Insight collections to LUNA.
NEW Features in LUNA 7.1:
- Migration process to move collections from Insight v6.x to the new LUNA v7.1+ system. This is a one- time, one-way migration process to move Insight collections, groups, presentations and user accounts to the new LUNA system.
- Record Data API: Makes it possible for LUNA to interact at a machine level with non-LUNA data sources to Read, Add, Update and Delete the Record data contained within the LUNA Library. Learn more.
- Enhanced the OAI harvester to control the order of the identifiers (if there are multiples). *OAI-PMH repository is much more robust in LUNA 7x in it's delivery of content to harvestors due to back end architectural changes.
- Included the option to delete all files in the LUNA system to minimize potential storage issues.
- Updated the LUNA main menu page with new icons and styling.
- Improvements to LUNA's messaging.
- Support for local authorities in LUNA- feature set includes:
List view for easy browsing experience through authority records
Authority Editor to add, edit, delete authority records
Added a check box to the field group editor to indicate an authority
Batch uploading of authorities via LUNA Uploader
Control user access to edit authorities at the collection level
- Improvements to the Record Editor layout and styling for a more intuitive editing experience.
- Adjustments to layout components in the Library.
Added the media item filename under the thumbnail throughout the LUNA Library.
Implemented a back button in the Record Editor and Authority Editor that returns a user to the page they were on, prior to opening a record or group of records for editing.
Include the Username for label sharing to identify users if first and last name are blank.
Include the Username when choosing "select owner" option under advanced search to identify users if first and last name are blank.
Improved messaging for Labels.
- Standalone Uploader: Used to offload some of the image processing onto different machines and can be installed on your workstation or onto other servers.
- Support for uploading .jp2 (JPEG 2000) files via the LUNA Uploader.
- Added a MARC field mapping text box to the field editor to allow the upload of .mrc files.
- User accounts set to active upon creation.
- Fixed the Library's Simple Search to use "AND" and not "OR" as the operator as you add multiple values to narrow down the search results.
- Fixed a bug in the Library's Advanced Search in which values were lost or shifting position after search
- Fixed a bug in the Library causing single or double quotes to disappear from a value as soon as a change was made to the record with that value. This affected values only when they began and ended in quotes.
- Fixed a bug in the Uploader to accept a .PDF filename as all caps when uploading .pdf documents.
- Fixed a bug in the Viewer that was causing an error on the second page of results when applying quotes around a value in the simple search box.
- Fixed a bug in the Viewer that caused 'Catalog data & text in Documents' searches to not return results for Bookreader objects.
- Fixed a bug in the Viewer to make values under the Browse Categories page display alphabetically.
- Fixed several issues in the Viewer that caused facet searches to fail on values that contain the following special characters: ? or & or / or % or double quotes.
- Fixed a bug that breaks the Viewer when a field that contains data gets deleted from the collection schema.
- Fixed a bug in the Viewer's Log-in/Registration page to allow usernames to begin with a number.
- Fixed the right click option in Collection Manager to add or delete fields in a template.
- Fixed a bug in the Collection Manager so that the field sort order selection will apply to the Library.
- Fixed a bug in the Administrator that caused problems when trailing spaces were present in the username, access permission name and credential name.