Go beyond exporting and attaching objects in emails. Use the Web 2.0 tools we have built into LUNA to make sharing your select content as easy as copying and pasting a URL.
Our tools are dynamic, so if you create a link to a Media Group and then make edits to that Media Group you don't have to worry about running around and updating that URL- it's already been done. So link and embed to your hearts content.
Share This- Linking to Content
At any point while in LUNA you can click on the Share This link and copy the displayed URL. This URL can be pasted into an email, text document or instant message so you can share your work with others. This is not the same as copying the URL from the browser, the Share This URL will ensure that the exact placement, zooming, and general look of your current view are preserved.
In addition to copying the URL you can click on the Bookmark and Share options to quickly share the selected content with a number of social media options.
Embed- Embedding Content (7.5.3+)
How to use Embed
To begin creating an embeddable page, select Embed from the menu at the top.
Use the Webpage Options panel on the left hand side to customize your page.
Once you are satisfied with the look, click the Show Code button to expose and copy the code and paste it into your wiki, blog, forum or webpage.
Using the Webpage Options
- Select Search Enabled if you want to include the LUNA search box in the embedded page (click the hamburger menu to expose search box and facets
- Select Zoomable if you want smooth zoom to be enabled when a user clicks on an image
- Select the number of Thumbnail Labels you want displayed under the thumbnails (sizes 0 to 4)
- Select the Resolution Size of the thumbnail to display larger or smaller thumbnails on the page (sizes 0 to 4)
- Select the Font Size that displays below the thumbnails (sizes 1 to 6)
- Select the Font Weight (Normal or Bold) of the thumbnail labels
- Select the Header Font Size that displays in the header bar at the top of the page (sizes 1 to 6)
- Select the Header Font Weight (Normal or Bold) that displays in the header bar at the top of the page
- Select a Width and Height by typing in the pixel size of the thumbnail display within the page
- Specify a Thumbnail Background Color by typing in a hex code. This is the color that displays behind the thumbnails
- Choose a Header Background Color for the header at the top of the page by clicking the box to make a selection or typing in the hex code you want
- Check the Themed box and LUNA will find the best match to your selected Header background color, overriding the Thumbnail Background Color if set
Use the Titles option to customize the 4W facet names on the page you are embedding. You can expose the 4W facets by clicking on the hamburger icon in the header
- Type the desired facet name into the box for each of the Who, What, Where and When facets
- Check the Masonry view box if you want the thumbnails to display in a layout based on columns
- Check the Infinite Scroll box to allow for continuous scrolling down the page instead of having to click on the More button to load more thumbnails
- Select Column Size to set the number of columns used in the masonry layout (1 to 4)
Embed This- Embedding Content
LUNA’s Embed This tool takes the Share This tool one step further and allows you to customize the view you want to share by creating dynamic embeddable web widgets which can then be placed in other applications such as blogs, forums, and wikis.
Unique to the LUNA web widget is the ability to include the viewing tools embedded within the media itself. This special feature allows users to benefit from LUNA’s advanced viewing tools even if they are not in the LUNA application.
While working in LUNA you can create a web widget of virtually any page, Media Group, search result, or the LUNA Workspace. For example, if you have a Media Group you would like to create a web widget of:
Open the Media Group by clicking on its title.
If you would like to change the order of the thumbnails, use the Reorder tool and when you’re done click on the Return icon.
Now that you’re happy with the order of the thumbnails click on the Embed This link in the LUNA Main Menu.
You’ll be re-directed to the Embed This page wherein you’ll have the following options to further customize this web widget of your Media Group:
Select either Object Tag code or I-Frame code (*see Note below)
You can change the width, height and border color of the widget.
Choose whether or not to include the image display controls.
Choose whether or not to include the display panels (only for LUNA Workspace).
5. As you customize the web widget you can preview the changes in the preview pane. When you’re finished simply copy the code below the preview pane and paste it into your wiki, website, blog or forum. The code will also include a link back to LUNA so those who you share the web widget with can easily find their way to your original collections.
While creating your web widget you have the choice of the following codes:
I-Frame Code is for use with all browsers, but banned by some blog sites and 3rd-party content sites.
Object Tag Code is accepted by more sites, but will not work with Internet Explorer default settings.
To enable an object tag to load content across domains with Internet Explorer, set:
Tools : Internet Options : Security : Custom Level : Miscellaneous : Access data sources across domains : Enable