LUNA v7.2.5 is a major release which includes enhancements to IIIF (International Image Interoperability Framework) in the LUNA Viewer and the implementation of the Google Vision API in LUNA Uploader. This release also fixes a variety of bugs in the LUNA toolset.
Posted October, 18 2016
New Features in LUNA 7.2.5
- IIIF enhancements: Via "Share This" in the LUNA Viewer, IIIF manifests have been improved to work across multiple collections (Flickr and IMI / MyUploads content not supported), so that users can share Media Groups, searches, books and individual images in the Detail View.
- Implemented a subset of the Google Vision API so that collection creators can enable image analysis for images uploaded into a collection which includes label detection, landmark detection and optical character recognition. The information detected in images (labels, landmarks and transcripts) is populated into custom data fields and can be used for search and display in the LUNA Viewer. The label and landmark information can also be mapped to LUNA's What and Where categories via the Collection Manager for faceted searching in the Viewer.
- Implemented a search for source files or no source files in the LUNA Library.
- Improved the look of the Help pop-out in the Viewer when initially opened.
- Documented a way to add YouTube, Vimeo or any URL based content to LUNA. Read documentation.
Bug Fixes in LUNA 7.2.5
- Fixed a bug in the Viewer whereby reordering media items failed within a media group when media items from My Uploads were also present in that group.
- Fixed a bug in the Viewer whereby the facets were clearing existing filters when clicking on the "More" option.
- Fixed a bug in the Viewer whereby special characters were breaking the search when searching for text within a Bookreader object.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from registering for an account in the Viewer if there were no collections assigned to the anonymous credential.
- Fixed a bug in the Viewer for iPads whereby a user needed to click the gear wheel twice to open it.
- Fixed a bug in the Library whereby items added to a label are disappearing from the label view for the label's owner when shared with other users.
- Fixed a bug in the Library causing custom thumbnail images to display in the Media Item Linking tab's "unlinked media" view and when searching for unlinked media in Advanced Search.
- Fixed a bug in the Library causing the Quick Search for drafts to fail for Authorities.
- Various security enhancements.
- Disabled the draft preview box for IMI in the Library.
- Fixed a bug in the Administrator to make the credential assigned to a user match the credential displayed in the edit user window. This was happening in LUNA instances with 11 or more credentials, causing credentials to change when an edit to a user was saved.